When most of us are snowed in, typical activities include movie marathons, hot chocolate, and complaining about being bored. Maybe, if we're feeling ambitious, we'll build a snowman.
Not this guy. Daniel Gray and his girlfriend traveled from New Zealand to Canada to spend five weeks with her family. Her mother wanted to "keep him occupied, not with my daughter necessarily," so they used their vacation to build this awesome rainbow colored igloo.
To make the colored bricks, they froze milk cartons full of colored water. The bricks are held together with what David calls "snowcrete," which is snow mixed with a little water.
The whole process ended up taking about five days and got the attention of a local news station. They spent 150 hours building it and used about 500 blocks in all.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades